recover data collected offline from ios

Jump to solution
01-04-2016 12:20 PM
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

A little background. I have a web map set up for offline data collection, the feature service is hosted on ArcGIS Server and added to AGOL.

One of the iOS users downloaded a map for offline, but the data will not sync. No error or time out messages...just the spinning wheel!

My question is how to do manually get into the phone to grab this data!?!  I am aware with android devices you can connect it to you laptop and navigate to a specific folder and get the data. My assumption is that I will need to go through itunes (very foreign to me), so I thought I would reach out to see if anyone else has had to manually get data from an offline verison on an iOS device!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can follow these steps

1. Plug your device in to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes, select your device, and click the Apps tab.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the window and choose Collector for ArcGIS in the File Sharing section.
  4. Click on the folder with the username and the replica ID
  5. Then Click in itunes the Save To button (this will save this folder selected in the previous step to your computer)
  6. Inside this folder there is another folder with your web map ID which contains the runtime gdb. Use the GP Tool Runtime GDB to File GDB to extract the data out of that database and have it in a file geodatabase where it can be merged into the final dataset.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can follow these steps

1. Plug your device in to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes, select your device, and click the Apps tab.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the window and choose Collector for ArcGIS in the File Sharing section.
  4. Click on the folder with the username and the replica ID
  5. Then Click in itunes the Save To button (this will save this folder selected in the previous step to your computer)
  6. Inside this folder there is another folder with your web map ID which contains the runtime gdb. Use the GP Tool Runtime GDB to File GDB to extract the data out of that database and have it in a file geodatabase where it can be merged into the final dataset.
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Thank you, Russell!

0 Kudos
KadieHuse
New Contributor

This process works to retrieve data layers. Is there a separate process documented anywhere to retrieve attachments collected offline? Specifically photos taken with an iPad or iPhone?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum
0 Kudos