Possible bug: Hosted Feature View Editing Permissions Issue

12-05-2017 04:08 PM
BradyMckenzie1
New Contributor II

I have a hosted view for use in collector that is set to allow field users to view and edit only their collected points.

Feature edit tracking is enabled on the hosted parent layer and this has been enabled on the hosted view.

What features can editors see?

This works ok. Editors can only see their own features
What features can editors edit?
When this is set above, users are unable to edit any records. Even as admin level I cannot edit them.
Switching to editors can edit all features allows editing again but the only thing stopping them editing other people's data is the fact that they can only see their own features.
Has anyone else experienced this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Greg_Mattis
Occasional Contributor II

Did you enable tracking on the hosted feature service? The ability to edit only that data which a user created requires the feature service to track who created what.

Greg Mattis, GISP
GIS Analyst
City of Visalia
0 Kudos
Greg_Mattis
Occasional Contributor II

It is under settings -> Feature Layer (hosted) Settings

Greg Mattis, GISP
GIS Analyst
City of Visalia
0 Kudos
BradyMckenzie1
New Contributor II

Thanks Greg, yes. that's all on. I already stated that in my post  All editing options are enabled in the hosted layer

Feature edit tracking is enabled on the hosted parent layer and this has been enabled on the hosted view.

It is working on seeing 'only' their edited objects but it is not working when choosing to edit 'only' their objects. I have to switch to edit 'all features' for the users to be able to edit.

For the moment, they can edit the features they have created using the edit all features option and view only their features option in the hosted view.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BradyMckenzie1
New Contributor II

the radio button was missing in my original post. This setting is not allowing the editors to edit their own features. In fact, they can't edit anything. Even though hosted layer editor tracking is on an enabling them to see only their edits.

0 Kudos