Point feature not showing is collector in IOS

06-27-2019 04:00 PM
RayDodd
New Contributor

I created a point shapefile feature in collector that when I mark it on my Iphone it doesnt show up but it will be there on Arcmap online and when I look at the map in my Samsung tablet.   

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanielHunter
New Contributor III

I'm seeing the same thing.  I agree it was likely the result of an update...My gut tells me the problem has something to do with feature templates.  If you copy/resymbolize the layer in your web map it seems to restore regular functionality...worked for me at least.

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

We just upgraded to 10.8.1 and we are experiencing the same thing as we did with 10.7.1 which was fixed with the patch. My question is, anybody else experiencing this with 10.8.1 as well. I checked the support page and didn't see a patch for 10.8.1 for this bug only for 10.7.1

0 Kudos
NickN
by
Occasional Contributor

Yep I'm also having this issue. We upgraded to 10.8.1 last Wednesday and now one of our web maps will not show point features in Collector on iOS.

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Nick. I forwarded this thread onto esri, I just happened to have a case opened for this. This morning when troubleshooting this, I opened a brand new mxd and added my point layers that weren't showing up and republished a brand map service and they showed up. Not sure what happened between last week and today, because I did not do anything different today then i did last week when trying to troubleshoot this. I wish I had a better answer/help for you but I am still not sure what caused it to finally work. I will definitely keep you posted if I stumble upon a more definitive reason behind it not working   

NickN
by
Occasional Contributor

Yep, I just created a new mxd, added the layers manually (rather than copy/paste from the old map) and imported the symbology from the old map and overwrote the existing service and that fixed the issue.

0 Kudos