Photo storage on device

06-27-2018 04:01 PM
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

I use Collector offline and take alot of photos. Even after syncing, all of my photos seem to be stored in my android device ram with duplicates in two folders: 

storage/emulated/0/ArcGISApp/ArcGIS_Attachments

and storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.esri.arcgis.collector/cache/ArcGISCache

All these photos are filling up my ram, so I suppose I just have to remember to manually delete them or move them elsewhere.

Why are duplicates of the photos stored in two places?

Can I change the storage location so that the photos are stored on my SD card instead of in ram?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi David,

When you go into your Settings in Collector on your Android, do you have an option to change the 'Basemap download location' to your SD card?  If that option is not available, then your device does not support using the SD card.  I can image that the behavior would be the same for attachments.

Marisa

0 Kudos
JenniferStarbuck1
New Contributor III

Is there any updated information on how to store photos taken with collector to an SD card and not the internal memory on android devices? I am running android 9 and all the photos are saving to the internal storage and not the card. Is there a way to change this? 

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @JenniferStarbuck1 ,

There is an enhancement request to add this capability to Collector app which hasn't been implemented yet. 

• ENH-000124267: Allow attachments to be stored on an SD card in Collector for ArcGIS

Best,

MJ

0 Kudos