Photo size limiting?

Jump to solution
05-04-2014 08:38 PM
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III
I think with Collector we're going to run into the whole photo size attachment issue.

Mobile it was an issue.  

I just noticed a photo attachment was 1.6MB.   That's going to cause grief with multiple photos and 100s of features.

I do like how you don't download attachments unless you click on photo in feature popup... unlike arcgis mobile which by default had download attachments ticked.

Is there any way of limiting photo size in Collector?
Tags (2)
38 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

EXIF limitation will still be there. You will have to use the stock camera app with location permission and then add the photos to Collector through the photo library.

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the good news, we badly need it!!

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

It seems 10.3.5 will be a very interesting update. particularly

• Photo resolution settings (iOS).

Collector for ArcGIS v10.3.4 is out | ArcGIS Blog

0 Kudos
DanielleLee
New Contributor II

It seems like this has been implemented. Going to try it today! Work with attachments—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

HamishMills
Occasional Contributor

We have been using this for a while now and it has really saved our database and future work area downloads from overloading! Well done on this one Esri!

DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Just an fyi, the option to limit attachment size doesn't seem to exist on Android devices (at least on Samsung Galaxy S7).

0 Kudos
AlbanAjdini
New Contributor

I instead have the exact opposite problem. I want to take pictures from an Iphone on high resolution to meet the requirements. But it seems that Collector now compresses the picture size to a 500 kb. Any Idea how I can take pictures from an Iphone with a high resolution?

Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alban -- If the default isn't working for you, you can change the attachment size that the app uses in the settings (see Work with attachments—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for complete steps how). One of the options is "Actual" and it will use the full resolution photo.

Esri Education Team
sbenev
by
New Contributor

1511194376-cavachon-puppy-christmas.jpg

0 Kudos