option to turn on tracking layer not available in collector

Jump to solution
03-25-2021 07:03 PM
EmikoCondeso
New Contributor III

I am using Android v. 11 and Collector app 20.2.2.

I have created and added a tracking layer to my AGOL map by following these directions: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector-classic/android/create-maps/track-where-collectors-went.htm

When I open the map in Collector and go to the map layers to make the tracking layer visible, it is not listed as one my available layers.  

Is this a bug or is there a step I am missing?  I do not have a Tracker license, but I didn't find any note about such a requirement on the help page.  

Thank you for any help,

Emiko

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmikoCondeso
New Contributor III

My understanding is that this requires a subscription to Tracker, is that correct?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@EmikoCondeso  support for the location tracking layer you referenced above is limited to use in Collector Classic (retired in December 2020).  It is not supported in ArcGIS Collector. 

Field Maps for ArcGIS takes advantage of the new location tracking capability available in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise.  This allows you to view your location tracks in the map much like Collector Classic did. For more information on how to enable this for use with Field Maps see this topic.

0 Kudos
EmikoCondeso
New Contributor III

My understanding is that this requires a subscription to Tracker, is that correct?

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@EmikoCondeso yes, that does require a tracker license.

0 Kudos
EmikoCondeso
New Contributor III

Thank you! 

0 Kudos