No option to add attachments

05-07-2014 02:01 PM
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II
I am testing out a collector app for sign poles.  I would like to be able to attach photos of each feature.  When I am in the app, it does not give me the option to add  an attachment.  I have checked the feature service (hosted online) and it says "Disable Attachments", which I would assume means that they are enabled.  Is there something else that I am missing?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III
Did you publish from your local network up to ArcGIS online?  If so, did you "Create Attachments" on the feature class prior to publishing?

Thanks,

Luci
0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Luci,
I did publish from a file geodatabase on my desktop computer.  Before I published I made sure to "Create Attachments" on the Pole feature class.
0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
I got it figured out.  When I initially published the layer it got hung up on me and I had to close ArcMap.  Apparently it was far enough along that it published the file anyways.  When I set up my Collector map I was using the wrong file.  I deleted that file and started using the correct one that was set up for attachments and everything is working like it should now.

Now we just need the edit related table capabilities.:)
0 Kudos
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III
Glad you got it sorted out 😄

Luci
0 Kudos