Map not displayed in collector

06-04-2013 07:05 AM
DiegoAraujo1
New Contributor
Howdy,

I am trying to set up an Ap for my office to use in the field and collector looks like it is exactly what I need, however, in trying to set it up, my trial maps are not visible on Collector. I can make maps on ArcGIS web, follow the tutorial, and all seems great, it is saved on the web server, I can even find it on the ArcGIS Ap, but I can NOT find my map on Collector.

I have tried to tutorial that is provided, inputted all basemaps/layers, and can find that generated map on all three spots (web server, ArcGIS Ap, Collector Ap) but when I try and make a map with my data, I cannot find it on Collector. It seems like there is one tiny step Im missing somewhere that will allow me to make my map 'go live' for use.

Any suggestions are greatly, greatly appreciated

ffd
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Just a couple of questions and I can help you out.

Are you using a point feature service that is editable in the web map?
Are you saving it to your AGO Subscription account and logging into the Collector with that account?

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos
DiegoAraujo1
New Contributor
Hey Russ,

We have point data that we are uploading in a .csv file format, but it seems it is not editable... which is also an issue. It seems that in order for this to work it needs to be in an editable format, which we also need for the Ap. Is the issue here that it is in the .csv extension?

and we are signing into the account.

ffd
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The Collector apps only support hosted feature services and ArcGIS Server feature services with editing enabled.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
DiegoAraujo1
New Contributor
So what are we doing wrong with our data  and/or upload that does not enable editing? We have point data and associated attribute table, which we are incorporating as a template for users to fill out, thus needing it to be editable. It almost sounds like you are suggesting there is a step we are missing in our initial population of the attribute table???
0 Kudos
DiegoAraujo1
New Contributor
ok, so in more sleuthing around about feature services it seems this is where the crux of our difficulties lie. I tried another test map but this time I went into 'my content' then 'create service', in the first drop down box the options read: create from an existing service, or create from a template, since there an existing service was not available I chose a template, in this case location services. This then created a feature service which in turn allowed me to create a test map, that I was able to then locate on Collector. So since the issue lied with 'feature services' my question then becomes, can I import a form/database that will be used in the 'feature services' or do I need to construct a brand new geodatabase using AGO?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You can go into your "My Content" add a csv or shapefile through Add Item and check off "publish as feature service" once the service is created you can go to the item page for that service(this is created after the service has been published) and then you can click on edit and adjust the capabilities for that service (Add/Update/Delete, Editor Tracking & Ownership Controls).

The ArcGIS Online help doc can help you with the finer points for creating a service and this recent blog post can point you to some great training solutions: http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2013/05/30/arcgis-online-training-options/

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
DiegoAraujo1
New Contributor
I have been able to successfully add a feature service, collect point data, make it editable, and add attachments, fantastic its just what i needed. Then when I tried to access my newly created map (which was fully accessible on my collector/AGO) on a co-workers collector, it was not found. I have gone back into my map, checked 'share' wherever possible and it is still not coming up on their collector. What am I possibly overlooking here?
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
I created a map that utilizes data hosted on our ArcGIS Server. Feature services are running and I am able to edit/modify/delete data within our web browser. However, the map is NOT listed under the collector app once I login. Any ideas why?

Table attributes have been enabled for editing.
ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
When you go to the Map Details page do you see any Application Properties towards the bottom of the page. The properties should have Routing, Measure, Basemaps enabled by default.

Russ
0 Kudos