Select to view content in your preferred language

Limiting Usage on Layer in Collector

Jump to solution
06-08-2017 10:47 AM
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

We have our parcels as a layer on ArcGIS Online. I would like to keep using Limit Usage with them, to define which URLs are allowed to access this layer. The problem is, this layer doesn't show up in Collector then. Is there a certain referrer URL we can use to allow Collector to access this layer?

I can't just share it to a certain group, because we allow some outside URLs to access the parcels. I'd prefer to not have to make another parcels layer just for collector if possible.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle, I don't have a Windows phone to be able to test with, but you can try following the walkthrough I used to route my phone's traffic through my laptop's Fiddler: Capture Android Mobile Web Traffic With Fiddler - Brian Cantoni 

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Update: I believe the referrer IDs have changed. I'm being prompted to log in when using Collector and Explorer on these layers. I'm just going to use Jake's suggestion for now. One copy of the item shared publicly, limited to the URL where we host our web apps, and the other shared only to the organization and without any limit usage configurations set. This second one is the one we're using in Collector and Explorer as all the maps are only being used by organization employees and thus they'll be signing into the apps anyways.

0 Kudos