iOS Collector BUG when not allowing Geometry Updates.

03-25-2015 07:09 AM
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

This is an interesting and a serious bug. I am posting it on the Collector session but i have a feeling that ArcGIS Server is responsible for this too.

Steps to Reproduce:

Using ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 & ArcGIS Collector 10.3 on iOS 8.2

SDE Geodatabse on SQLServer 2012.

1-) Publish a Feature Service with (Archiving, Attachments, and Editor Tracking Enabled)  with full editing and sync capabilities except the Allow Geometry Updates. (because we don't want our end users to edit the geometries)

2-) Create a Map on ArcGIS Online for Organizations. and enable Offline support.

3-) Download the map to the device.

4-) Make 2 changes ->  1 edit an attribute and 2 add any number of attachments.

5-) The BUG -> The offline map says 1 Update to be synced. You press sync and after some time is comes with an error that the "Sync failed" because "Geometry update not allowed"

6-) The interesting part:  All attachemnts are written to the geodatabse expect the edits made to the attributes of feature class itself. And after that the offline map does not show any new UPDATES to be synced.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There is a patch coming to 10.3 server soon that will fix this issue. This is supported in hosted feature services today with the update attribute only configuration on a hosted service.

Russ

BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert for your quick update.

But, upgrading to 10.3 server is not an option for us.

is there any possibility you could fix this in an incoming patch for 10.2.2 ?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Unfortunately the patch wont be ported back to 10.2.2.

Russ

0 Kudos
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Honestly i think you should fix this on the 10.2.2 since this is a BUG of this version. It's not a BUG that was introduced with 10.3.

0 Kudos
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

So, will we get this as a fix for 10.2.2 ?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think you will need to enter in a support ticket for the server issue. This server patch is directed at 10.3 and will be included in the 10.3.1 update.

0 Kudos
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Can you please post the ESRI BUG number for this issue or something like that so we can trace it ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

Also seeing this issue on Android Collector version 10.3.7 build 1018.  Server version 10.3.0 build 4322.

With geometry edits disabled, I was not able to sync changes, "Sync Error: An error occurred while Sycnhronizing Edits" but when geometry updates are enabled, the sync works and goes to the server, but the error still pops up on Collector.

0 Kudos
KONSTANTINOSMAMASSIS
New Contributor

Hi Robert.

We did turn on the geometry editing to resolve this issue but it should have been resolved on ArcGIS server 10.3.1 as Russell said on an earlier reply.

I think you will need to enter in a support ticket for the server issue. This server patch is directed at 10.3 and will be included in the 10.3.1 update