How to download the image attachments collected on Collector in a hosted feature layer

01-23-2023 11:27 AM
Chase_Mohrman
New Contributor II

My organization uses a Collector app that was created 9 years ago. They want some of the fields to change, so I want to take the hosted feature layer, change the fields, reupload it and create a FieldMaps app. The hosted feature layer says it was created with a "service definition" which I don't know how to work with. When I reupload the feature class, I need it to include the images that have been collected over the years. Downloading it doesn't include the images. I was able to download it using the "Create replica" tool in REST, so now I have the feature classes (shown in attachment) however the ATTACH table includes information about the images but not the images themselves (shown in attachment). Where are these images stored? How do I download these images so I can get them into FieldMaps?

UPDATE: Based on the comment I've found the attachments can be viewed and saved using the identify tool. However, how do I download them all and keep them organized in folders? There are several thousand records with attachments.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Chase_Mohrman ,

The images are stored in the DATA field as a Blob.  

0 Kudos