How can I to take notes or editing attribute field of newly created feature while using Collector?

11-15-2018 03:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to be able to create a point, line, or polygon using collector and while still in the field, collect the date and take notes for these newly created features. I have put the fields into the attribute tables but I can't edit these fields while in Collector. Has anyone dealt wit this before? Is this something that collector beta while alleviate? 

Anything Helps

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

> I need to be able to create a point, line, or polygon using collector and while still in the field, collect the date and take notes for these newly created features.

Yes, this is a supported workflow using Collector for ArcGIS.
Collect data—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

> I have put the fields into the attribute tables but I can't edit these fields while in Collector.

Can you please elaborate on your workflow? Can you provide detailed repro steps? Are you getting an error message or please describe the behavior you're seeing.

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Derek,

My mistake was a simple one, I only needed to check the Enable editing box in the settings tab in AGOL for the hosted featured layer. 

If you're looking for another question to answer I am still looking for some help in ArcScene, particularly searching in the scene using a feature layer within the scene. 

Thanks for reaching out.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

Glad to hear you got your Collector issue resolved.

> I am still looking for some help in ArcScene ...

Sorry, but I don't have much experience working with 3D data. I suggest you post in one of the applicable forums.

0 Kudos