Has anybody else experienced issues with collector loading map on galaxy tab s3. works fine with iPad using the same login. when i try with the galaxy it just spins

12-01-2017 10:57 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Has anybody else experienced issues with collector loading map on galaxy tab s3. works fine with iPad using the same login. when i try with the galaxy it just spins.

0 Kudos
40 Replies
BrendonJoyce
New Contributor III

I want to second this. I have 6 Galaxy Tab E's running Collector that are in field use. One of them is having this issue, all the others are working. I recently updated them all to 7.1.1. The same map loads instantly in Explorer on the same tablet. It's a simple layer of hydrants we use to check off for hydrant shoveling, so just one shape file.

I tried signing out and trying free maps, no dice. I uninstalled, cleared caches/data etc. 

ErikBlake

Brendon

I am right there with you. Not sure what progress they made on this been a month since I asked.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Sorry for the delay on this. We just received our new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet. Its running Android 7.0 natively and didn't require an upgrade. I installed Collector 17.0.4 and was able to launch the 'Try it' maps successfully without crashing.

Therefore this issue isn't unique to this device in general, and therefore requires further investigation with your tablet.

When you uninstall Collector and go to the My Files app under Internal Storage, do you still see any ArcGIS_Collector folders?

Thanks

-Kevin

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Kevin

Yes I do. So what are your recommended next steps? 

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Thank you for that information. As a test, connect your tablet to a PC via USB and cut/paste that ArcGIS_Collector folder off the device. Then reboot the device > reinstall Collector. Does that make a different when trying to just launch the 'Try it' free maps?

Are you using an SD card or just using the internal storage?

Thanks

-Kevin

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Kevin

That didn't work either. it just crashes the app when i try to load the try it free maps. I am not sure what the hell is going on. So my last option that I am going to try is a factory reset and just start over see if that does anything.

We are using internal storage btw.

I will let you know what happens.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Thanks for that test. Have you changed any of the display settings on the device, such as font size, etc.? Or is it all settings OOTB?

If so, try resetting the Font size back to medium, which is the third tick mark on the slider from the left. That's the default font size setting.

I ran into similar issue as you did with maps not loading and crashing when the font size was anything else.

The screen zoom can also lead to other issues, but not as much as the font size can.

Thanks

-Kevin

ErikBlake

Kevin

Are you freaking kidding me. That seemed to do it! moved it over one tick mark. Also just to make sure I moved the screen zoom to the first tick mark. I can't believe that's all it was. Thanks for all your help. Gotta love technology.

ErikBlake

So just for other people experiencing this.  My screen size,font size,then font style are set to:

small,small,default (respectively) 

KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Sweet!!!

That's great that we finally got it working and figured out. I am looking further into this issue on my end, but you should be good to go now.

Thanks Erik.

-Kevin