Feature Search only works on 1 layer

Jump to solution
10-01-2015 01:32 PM
NicholasMcNamara
Occasional Contributor II

I've added the ability to search 3 layers in my map in Portal. When I attempt to search those layers in Collector, however, I only get results from the first layer in the list. The documentation Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  says that the user clicks an arrow to change the layer to search (as this is how it appears in Windows), but inside the app, there is no arrow and search is only possible on the first layer. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, Collector 10.3.3, Portal 10.3.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicholasMcNamara

At some point, it just started working. Apparently some bug was resolved in one of the many versions that was released when I wasn't paying attention.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

You should be able to setup search for one field per layer in your AGOL web map which will then be searchable in Collector from the search box. AGOL has a drop-down in the search box to limit searches by layer but Collector has a one-box-does-everything way of searching.

NicholasMcNamara

I set up the searches in Portal like that, with 3 layers, one field per layer. In Collector, there is no dropdown as you said (I guess that's intended you are saying?), but also, the search simply does not work on any layer besides the first one. There are 3 layers there, and if I put in a search which should generate a search result in layer #2, I get no results.

0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara

bump

0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara

At some point, it just started working. Apparently some bug was resolved in one of the many versions that was released when I wasn't paying attention.

0 Kudos