Feature Class Default Domain Values

07-01-2015 12:21 PM
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm working with a feature class that has a domain for 0/1 for No/Yes and I'm trying to default these values to NO when a feature is collected. Within the feature class properties, I have the domain defined for the coded values 0/1 and have assigned a default value of 0 (No). When in ArcMAP adding a feature, I see that the fields correctly populate with the default description of the coded value NO. However, in Collector, it is not assigning a default value when a new feature is added. It's simply blank and requires the user to select NO/YES. With many required fields, this is tedious and requires a lot of time in the field.

Is there a way to get the default values to populate in Collector? Is this a bug?

2 Replies
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

I may answer my own question here, but I remembered that I could accomplish this by setting the editing template to the desired default value.

0 Kudos
CarlosPorras
New Contributor III

I believe you would set your default value in the geodatabase at the feature class properties.  You can set the default value in the field properties of the Fields tab. 

0 Kudos