Error accessing a feature service in Collector for iOS

03-02-2015 10:30 AM
AnthonyWilkinson
New Contributor

I am having difficulty accessing a feature service in Collector for iOS.  The following error returns:  "Layer Not Loaded.  Unable to load layer ___ from ___.  This operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1003.)  Any ideas?

I am running ArcGIS Server 10.3.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have related tables set up on your feature services?  I just encountered the same thing with Collector for iOS.  Then I thought about it for a minute and realized that I am trying to open maps that have a feature service with related tables.  As of now, Collector for iOS does not support related tables.  The Android version of Collector works without error for me with the same feature services.  Can anyone confirm this?

0 Kudos
AnthonyWilkinson
New Contributor

Thanks for the response, I didn't realize that related tables weren't yet supported in Collector for iOS.

Ok, so now I have tried a modified feature service that no longer has Attachments (or any other related table), but I'm still getting the same error code.  I do have Editor Tracking enabled so perhaps I will try ditching that next.

For what it's worth, the map works just fine when served as a hosted feature.  However, I would really like to leverage my own infrastructure as ESRI has indicated that there is support for such since ArcGIS Server 10.2.2.

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

So far, I have only tested it as a hosted feature on AGO.  Do you have Global IDs set up and is the feature service set up properly for editing?  Everything seems to require those in the current Esri stack.  FYI if you aren't aware: Esri recommends Global IDs / GUIDs to be used as the relationship class primary / foreign keys.  After I converted our user-maintained IDs to Global IDs, the related tables worked great in Android Collector.

I'm planning to eventually use local SDE infrastructure as well, so I hope it works with that .  Unfortunately I can't do that yet because our geodatabase is stuck a few versions back.  I am able to add local SDE dynamic / cached services for viewing, but can't attempt local SDE feature editing yet.  Hopefully we will receive additional feedback from others.

0 Kudos
SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem, but just on one of our Ipads. Have you tried on several devices, or just one? Now Im trying to find out why theres a problem on that Ipad But my field workers can do their job

0 Kudos