Downloading maps for offline editing

08-11-2015 08:19 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I have a my map enabled for offline use and am currently in the process of creating a aerial tpkl to be sideloaded into an ipad for a basemap. While the tpk is being created I am testing the general functionality of offline editing in collector and am receiving an error approximately mid way through the download. I am currently using an ESRI basemap from AGOL. In an attempt to find a consistent error pattern it seems no matter the "work area" or "map detail" an error occurs. I originally received "the request has timed out" however now I receive "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache".

This seems like a basemap error/issue does one think it will persist with my own tpk?

Do I have to select a work area and map detail when using my tpk? Field editors will need the entire aerial not just sections

0 Kudos
63 Replies
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Yep, we do the bulk of our work with side-loaded tile packages and they're good for performance and portability. Problem is if you have a large potential work area and people want to be able to work at good levels of detail anywhere in your area, then you have to generate a tile package at a suitable zoom level for your whole network - this can take a long time and result in a really big file (often too big for your device). Taking an online basemap offline lets you pick anywhere in your large area and download a little piece of it without the management of tile packages on the device.

KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

As of this morning downloading maps still prompts the 'Tile cache' error we have been discussing.

I have since sideloaded a tpk locally and downloads work fine.

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

I'm receiving the same error message in all my organization's Collector apps as of yesterday morning.

Any update on when the issue will be resolved?

Thanks!

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

I'm also seeing this, I've contacted UK support.

0 Kudos
SverkerNorlander
Esri Contributor

I have customers facing this issue still, and have submitted a support request to Esri Inc.

0 Kudos
ZacharyPetix
New Contributor

Same issue in the States. All my collector maps using ESRI Topo Landbase fail to download with same error: "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache".

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This issue is being investigated. Please check ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard  for updates.

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This issue has been resolved now.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
AndersonPereira_da_Silva
New Contributor

Hi Kelly,

It is not possible to download the maps.

In my case I have the message: "Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Crete replica internal error,"

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

I've been able to take Esri Inc's Topographic basemap offline, thanks. Just having issues with Esri UK's basemaps now (the ones described at geoXchange - geoXchange - New OS Open Basemaps available for free in ArcGIS Online).

0 Kudos