Downloaded map immediately shows 500 items to sync

03-20-2014 07:17 AM
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
I have a map that I just downloaded to Collector for offline that contains 2 feature services hosted in ArcGIS.com.  As soon as the map is done downloading for offline use, the "Sync" button immediately shows 500 edits ready to sync.  This is before I have even opened the map or made any edits.  I am the only one in the organization that has access to this map.  Other maps I have downloaded don't show anything to sync until after I have actually made edits.

Running Collector 10.2.2 on Android 4.1.2.

Any ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
Additional info.  I tried removing the map and basemap from collector and re-downloading the map.  Still showed 500 edits to sync before i opened the map.  I hit the sync button and it synced the mystery 500 edits.  Now if I delete and re-download the map for offline, it not longer shows any edits to sync before I open it for the first time.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Do the 500 unsynced edits get displayed on other devices when they do the first download?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
Yes when I opened the map the first time, I was able to open the map and see all my operational layers.  Ever since I hit "Sync (500)" button, I have not been able to reproduce it again.  I even tried making a new map with the same data, but it seems fine now.  When I download it just says (sync) without any pending edits.
0 Kudos
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
sorry, just misread your first question.  I do not have my ipad or android tablet with me today to try on another device.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
is it possible for you to share the map & service that displayed this issue? You can invite the account "collect" into a group and I can check out the map and service.

Russ
0 Kudos
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
i created a group and invited you to it.  The map in question is called Town of Penfield Utilities Map-Offline
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
We couldn't repro it on iOS or Android but I will keep an eye on this issue and see if I can find the cause of it.

Russ
0 Kudos
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
Thanks.  Once I hit sync the first time, i couldn't reproduce the error either.  I will let you know if it happens again.
0 Kudos