Downloaded Collector map won't open

Jump to solution
02-04-2018 07:28 PM
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

I have a map that works fine when I open it live, but when I download it and attempt to open it crashes ("Unfortunately, Collector has stopped") . Same behavior on Nexus 5 (Android 6.0.1) and moto X4 (Android 8.0.0).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

It appears that the map would not download in Collector because I had a fc with attachments, but I neglected to check the box enabling "Show feature attachments as links" in the Popup editing pane.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

David,

Are you using hosted feature services or services that you published to an ArcGIS Server? Is the data projected in a coordinate system other than web mercator? 

0 Kudos
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

I am using hosted feature services. The map is in web mercator, but the data is in Colorado State Plane.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

David,

Are you able to test the same feature class, but project it to web mercator before publishing to ArcGIS Online as a separate hosted feature service? I just want to see if this is possible an issue with the projections.

0 Kudos
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

Dan,

I projected the datasets to web mercator, but still no luck. Perhaps now need to start removing items from the map to see which are causing the problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is a good test. You can also try validating features and checking geometry if the original datasource came from a file geodatabase.

0 Kudos
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

It appears that the map would not download in Collector because I had a fc with attachments, but I neglected to check the box enabling "Show feature attachments as links" in the Popup editing pane.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

David,

That is good to know. When possible, please go ahead and mark your post as resolved/answered.

0 Kudos
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

David- I may be having the same problem- can you clarify exactly where this checkbox is? I'm not finding it. Or maybe things have changed enough that it no longer exists.

0 Kudos
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

Found it- attachments were in related table, and the checkboxes were already checked. The only solution I found was to remove the related tables from the Map, then it could be downloaded and open without crashing.

0 Kudos