domain values showing not domain description

Jump to solution
09-14-2017 06:14 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

I was wondering if anybody knew why after upgrading to 10.5.1 our web maps that we use in collector are displaying the domain coded value when they are editing instead of the domain description. any advice how to get it back to showing the description.  

0 Kudos
26 Replies
MarkLund
New Contributor III

So, what's the solution to fix this problem?  It's essentially not usable to our field crews at this point, they aren't going to memorize 50 different numbers and translate those on the fly into domain descriptions.  Is this something that is actually going to be fixed in the next Collector release, or is this just another BUG that ESRI creates and doesn't seem to ever fix?  If that's the case then there needs to be a way to roll back to a previous version of Collector that actually works for users and we'll just stay at that version until it's fixed in a future version.  Please advise is there's a viable workaround.

MarkLund
New Contributor III

By the way, this only seems to affect iOS.  Everything works fine on Windows, we don't have any Android devices.

ErikBlake

Mark

We have a couple of guys using android and it is doing the same thing with those as well. When they edit the same map using just a browser (we use chrome) the descriptions seem to be displaying how they should.

0 Kudos
MarkLund
New Contributor III

All of our field guys are disconnected so they can't work off the webmap(which does work fine).  In our case we have our tree inventory with a Species field (the Domain field over 50 values) and then a Variety field (Subtype field with over 125 values).  So with that many values we really don't want one field with 125 values in there to scroll through, pretty sure I'd hear even more of an earful with that option.  When we add a new tree the descriptions are visible until you place the point then once the attribute window pops up it changes to a number.  Editing existing trees doesn't seem to display the description no matter what you do. 

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

I hear you. We only have like 5 domain coded values and I am getting an earful from our field guys, so i could only manage what you are dealing with.

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

It looks like the current work around is using an edited field in order to have the value displayed.  Can you provide an estimated release (and date) to fix BUG-000108532 so that values will be shown and not just the domain coded value without having to edit the field?

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have not already contacted Support, please do so to be added to BUG-000108532.

Important notes  

- This defect is specific to iOS only.

- The defect is limited to not displaying codes (instead of descriptions) for subtypes only

If you are seeing this behavior using coded value domains, or on a different platform than iOS, please contact support with additional details so it can be reviewed and addressed independently. 

We will be investigating and plan to address in the next update of Collector.  Will keep you posted on availability.

ErikBlake

Doug

has I stated in my reply to Mark it doesn't with droids as well. It is a bug I believe in collector. If you use the map anywhere outside of collector the description show up like they should. that's my experience anyways

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Erik-

This defect is specific to iOS 17.0.3 and subtypes only.  This is not reproducible with Collector 17.0.2 on Android.

You are likely experiencing a different issue that should be diagnosed independently.  If possible, can you share a map with the Collector4ArcGIS user and message me privately on how to reproduce the behavior you're seeing?  If this isn't feasible, I'd recommend contacting support so they can evaluate this scenario further with you.

0 Kudos
JohanTerblans1
New Contributor

Dough I am getting the same on the latest Collector on the Windows platform. Its not related to subtypes though. I seems like if you pick the field to build symbology on via "Choose an attribute to show", then in Collector it shows the domain value and not the description.

AGO web map configResults in Collector

0 Kudos