Disconnected Automated Field Calculations

10-15-2015 08:54 AM
ThomasHasselbeck
New Contributor III

Hi All -

I setup a inspection Collector app that pretty much follows Jeff Shaner's Feb 1015 blog posting.

I was wondering if there is a way to calculate a field on the fly after data is entered, maybe by setting up some kind of a trigger to run a script...or maybe another way?

Example: Field worker enters in 2 numbers, 100 and 25 and saves the data.  A third field is then calculated based on the numbers entered (100-25) for a value of 75, then the data is displayed within the app.

Field1: 100

Field2: 25

Field3: 75

Thanks in advance.
Tom

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlBeyerhelm
Occasional Contributor

So far as I know, Collector does not support "smart form" functionality like calculations, conditional lookups, and so on.  ESRI's Survey123 does support smart form functionality, but it is form-centric...not map-centric...and does not support edit of existing data.

ThomasHasselbeck
New Contributor III

Carl -

Thanks for the quick response and confirming what I suspected.

I don't know about Survey123.  I don't see it helping with my current project but it definitely might help with another.

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
ShelbySouthworth
New Contributor III

Well that is legitimately disappointing. On the up side, this gives me time to prepare for a more dynamic Collector environment as updates come out.  Thanks for answering Carl

0 Kudos