I have global default values set for each of my features in their geodatabase. When I add a feature in collector, the default values do not populate. Am I missing something? Is there somewhere else that you have to specify default field values in order for them to come through in collector?.. I sure hope not....
Collector does not actually look at the default values assigned in the field settings. To make a default value for Collector, follow these steps:
1. Go back to the .mxd that was used to publish the service that is used in Collector.
2. Right click the feature class> Edit Features > Organize Feature Templates.
3. Open the properties of the feature class in the Organize Feature Templates window.
4. Change the value of any field to the desired default value. Click Apply.
5. Republish (or overwrite) the service.
6. Open the webmap used in Collector and save.
The defaults should now work as intended in Collector.