Create New Features not Working on Collector

Jump to solution
09-18-2017 09:54 AM
Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho
Occasional Contributor III

Hi guys

I´m new on Collector for ArcGIS and trying to create my first application.

I have one Feature Service (fire extinguisher).

On Collector I see my data (created before) and I´m able to create a new one(green points close to polygon corner). All fields are filled and saved.

But nothing happend. After finish the collections my new feature is not showed. I´m doing something wrong?

Here my feature Service https://smart.campus.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/Equip_Protecao/FeatureServer 

I´m using Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 and the latest version of Collector on Android Device.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnMcDonald
New Contributor

Correct -

Edit the map on the mapviewer(arcgis online or portal) and remove the feature layer and re-add the hosted feature layer.  

Do not delete the feature layer you updated. There is a sync issue whenever you use the hosted feature layer for online or portal. It was never an issue using the ArcGIS Desktop and the ArcGIS server that were saved as a regular service as it automatically restarted the service whenever you published updates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnMcDonald
New Contributor

We ran into the same issue and running Portal for GIS, ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.01. Solution was to edit the map layer and delete your feature layer and then re-add the feature layer. That should resolve your issue. No idea why the feature layers do not automatically update on your map layers and it is a pain.

Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho

Hi Johh

Thank you for your reply.

What your mean with "edit the map layer and delete your feature layer and then re-add the feature layer"?

Edit the map on the mapviewer(arcgis online or portal) and remove the feature layer and re-add? Or delete the content of the feature service?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JohnMcDonald
New Contributor

Correct -

Edit the map on the mapviewer(arcgis online or portal) and remove the feature layer and re-add the hosted feature layer.  

Do not delete the feature layer you updated. There is a sync issue whenever you use the hosted feature layer for online or portal. It was never an issue using the ArcGIS Desktop and the ArcGIS server that were saved as a regular service as it automatically restarted the service whenever you published updates.

Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho

Perfect, thank you

I´ll try do it and post here the results.

🙂

0 Kudos
Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho

It´s crazy, but it´s working perfectly now.

Thank you so much 🙂

0 Kudos