Collector will sync correctly but no features are added

Jump to solution
08-02-2016 06:46 AM
AaronNash1
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcServer 10.3.1 with the latest version of Collector. The data I am editing is a point feature class in SDE (SQL), the feature class is

• Registered as versioned
  • Archiving enabled
  • Editor tracking enabled
  • Attachments enabled.

I have sync enabled in the feature web service and have successfully taken the data offline to make edits. When I come back to the office and sync the data over WIFI, Collector syncs without any errors. Here is where I have the issue, the data does not sync, in the feature class there are no new features. I tried on another empty feature class and still no data, I tried to sync just a geographic feature with no attachments or attributes, still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, I tried ESRI support. They created a ticket and have not responded yet. I need to get some field work done relatively soon.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottFierro2
Occasional Contributor III

This sounds like it might be due to versioning. Have you brought up the database administration to see if there is 1 or more versions pending?

Probably fastest way to get an answer would be to launch ArcToolbox > Data Management Tools > Versions > Reconcile Versions. Once you provide the DB connection the tool should pop a list of all pending versions into the "Edit Versions" box of the tool.

I'm betting once you perform a reconcile it should move all your data from the edited versions to base and you will then be able to see your data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottFierro2

This sounds like it might be due to versioning. Have you brought up the database administration to see if there is 1 or more versions pending?

Probably fastest way to get an answer would be to launch ArcToolbox > Data Management Tools > Versions > Reconcile Versions. Once you provide the DB connection the tool should pop a list of all pending versions into the "Edit Versions" box of the tool.

I'm betting once you perform a reconcile it should move all your data from the edited versions to base and you will then be able to see your data.

0 Kudos
AaronNash1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Scott,

thanks you for the tip, I checked for new versions and sure enough there were a bunch of additional anonymous versions created. I changed my database connection to one of newly created versions and there was my data. Appreciate the feedback

thanks,
Aaron

0 Kudos
ScottFierro2

Sure thing glad it helped and you should be able to reconcile and post all of them back to your default and bring in data from all the various versions. Just sounds like you might have some duplication across versions that would need to be cleaned up using the conflict resolution. GL

0 Kudos