Collector - unable to search through feature details

Jump to solution
11-20-2019 05:01 PM
MichaelBell
New Contributor III

I've created a map in ArcGIS Online and enabled the "Find Locations > By Layer" settings, as per this article:

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

I've also ticked the "Use in Collector for ArcGIS" option.

Now, in ArcGIS Online, I can search by location (just giving it an address), or by various details such as site name, ID etc.

However, this has not carried over to Collector. Whenever I search it is only by location/address and not by any of my layers. This is a great shame as we cover a huge area geographically and it would take a lot of usability out of Collector if our guys on the ground had to navigate manually (there will also be a lot of times where GPS probably won't be usable).

I know Collector is taking notice of this - if I remove the "By Address" option then it isn't able to search through anything. I'm using regular Collector (not Classic) on an iPad.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBell
New Contributor III

Strange one, but rectified. It seems that, if you save a map in AGOL with the layer you want to search through off, then it can't be searched through in Collector, even if you toggle it on. Very odd. Either way, working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelBell
New Contributor III

Strange one, but rectified. It seems that, if you save a map in AGOL with the layer you want to search through off, then it can't be searched through in Collector, even if you toggle it on. Very odd. Either way, working now.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

This happens the same way in Collector when using a webmap from Portal.

Looking at the documentation on how to set up the searches, it doesn't mention anything about the layer having to be turned on in the webmap for this to work. Seems like it must be a bug. Anyone from ESRI care to comment?

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Michael Bell and Malcolm Jacobson - I've confirmed this behavior isn't right and logged it so that we can fix it. Once fixed, toggling on a layer will make it searchable.

Esri Education Team
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Kylie

0 Kudos
OliverSandoval
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have the same issue, except the layer im trying to search by is not turned off its on. I would greatly appreciate some help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently facing the same issue with my collector map not being feature layer searchable and only location searchable even though my web map is enabled to search by both layer and location. Has anyone found a solution since this thread has been posted?

0 Kudos