Collector Signs Users Out

07-29-2020 05:26 AM
PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

Collector keeps signing my users out when working offline. They are unable to sign back in because the don't have internet connection. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

6 Replies
NilsBabel1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this has been a problem for years.  Exists on Collector Classic and I believe on the new Collector.  I don't have a solution.  My crews have had some luck ensuring that they are in airplane mode before leaving a network area but this is not foolproof. Esri really needs to address this.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

The challenge is to figure out when it happens. We have tried to review our code and mitigate some of the risk before. If you can share the observations you have seen, it could help. 

Before it happens, what were field worker doing?

Does it happen while using the app? Or does it happens when they turned on device screen and bring Collector app from background to foreground?

Does it happen to the device with wi-fi only? Or it only happens to device with cellular network?

Does it happen with the device at airplane mode? If so, when?  

0 Kudos
NilsBabel1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response.  Here is a response from the latest episode where it happened.

Before it happens, what were field worker doing?  They were stationary at an airbase preparing for preparing for an air attack mission.

Does it happen while using the app? Or does it happens when they turned on device screen and bring Collector app from background to foreground?  Happens when they turn the device on and click on Collector.  Also happens while using Collector while attempting to sync

Does it happen to the device with wi-fi only? Or it only happens to device with cellular network?   I think it usually happens on cellular

Does it happen with the device at airplane mode? If so, when?  The user did not have it in airplane mode as there are other apps on the device that he needs a network connection for.

Thanks very much for your help.

Nils

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing those observations. Nils. Do you know how often it happens per one field worker? When they go out 10 times, how often it can happen? 

0 Kudos
NilsBabel1
Occasional Contributor

That's very hard to estimate.  Sometimes not at all.  Sometimes perhaps 5 out of 10 times.  Some users report more issues than others.

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Understand. Thanks for the reply. 

0 Kudos