Collector - Photos not attaching

05-13-2014 09:12 AM
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
Hi-

I am having an issue with photos and Collector.
I have a hosted feature service (point) where I have collected attributes and a photo for each point.  I needed to change the schema so I then downloaded the hosted feature service to a map on my desktop.  I then exported that new hosted feature service  into my geodatabase so that I could change the schema.

When I upload the new hosted feature service, it brings the points and attributes but now my photos that were associated with the points are gone.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!
-Jessica
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
What version of ArcMap are you using?
0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Russ,

I am using ArcMap 10.2.1.

Thanks,
Jessica
0 Kudos
FarrahPrewitt
New Contributor

I have the same issue did you ever get an answer?

0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Farrah,

No answer

I am also trying to transfer attachments to a new feature class in a different gdb (same geometry, different schema)and I have yet to figure out how to get the attachments to go with the geometry, I think it is  partly due to the fact that collector calls all of the attachments photo_1.jpg...and partly due to me not knowing how to work with relationship tables as well as I should...

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jessica,

How do you store the photo's? As a blob in the table or as a (hyper-)link to an external source?

I'm trying to achieve the same goal, hopefully we can team up.

0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor

Right now as a blob in the table, but I think we might migrate to a hyperlink to an external source.

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I see what you mean after having exported the feature layer to a file geodatabase and downloading that. It contains a table having the pictures as blobs amd a column referencing the point and the picture. Can't you just rename the strings in the ATT_NAME field? Seems to be a string only and the globalID is the unique 'name'.

Right now I'm handicapped because my basic license is "Not licensed to edit layers with relationship classes"

regards,

Bert

0 Kudos