[ATTACH=CONFIG]33032[/ATTACH]

Thanks for any help.

Robbie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
30 Replies
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

So with the support of an ESRI tech on an opened ticket I was given a workflow to allow fo rthe download of tiled AGOL basemasps. The worklfow is a little different in that it does not store the user/ pw login and the user gets prompted upon opening map for internet or download use. A little inconvenient. Does the 10.2.2 workflow, Take maps offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  work in 10.3 Potal?

0 Kudos
MuhammadAlmas2
New Contributor II

I also have the same issue, and have not been able to resolve it.

in collector I get empty username/password error.

I am using ArcGIS Sever and portal 10.3.1 on https://

Has anyone solved it ?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Muhammad,

The basemap in your webmap can't be taken offline. You need to follow

Use an Esri basemap with Portal for ArcGIS

Take maps offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
MuhammadAlmas2
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. But I have already gone through that link and have followed all the steps. I am still getting empty username and password error.

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have existing basemap can be used to download? We would like to know it is basemap issue or feature service issue.

Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog

Also, here are other options that can provide more info.

In client side, can you use Fiddler to capture the traffic following Configure Fiddler to Capture Web Traffic from an iPhone/iPad | Support Services Blog (iOS) or http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/configure-fiddler/tasks/ConfigureForAndroid (Android)? You will need to set DecryptHTTPS http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/DecryptHTTPS

In Server side, Could you set server logging level to debug and see if you can spot any errors reported back when you download?

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/about-server-logs.htm

0 Kudos
MuhammadAlmas2
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I will try this tomorrow and will update about its results.

Regards,

Muhammad Almas

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
MuhammadAlmas2
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help, and the problem is Partially solved… Looks like it was more issue of the Feature service than the basemap. Portal and ArcGIS server were using different SSL Certificates. I modified them to use same SSL certificate from ArcGIS Server admin page, and the previous error of empty username/password disappeared.

However now when in collector app I select download, it gets started, but after a while I get following error:

"The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a

server that is pretending to be "my_machine_name" which could put your confidential

information at risk. Would you like to connect to the server anyways?”

This dialog box only shows one OK button, but when I click it and try to download again, the same error appears.

I should also point out that my Portal and ArcGIS webserver are yet not exposed to public internet.

Regards,

Muhammad Almas

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Muhammad,

You should make sure your device is connected to internal network.

Do you use iOS or Android device? You can try to install the certificate into your device by copying over or emailing yourself and opening in the device.

0 Kudos
MuhammadAlmas2
New Contributor II

Hi Miaogeng

Yes my iPad is on the internal network. I can connect to portal and make edits in my feature layer but when I try to download the map in collector app, it starts download but after a while it shows error message:

"The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a

server that is pretending to be "my_machine_name" which could put your confidential

information at risk. Would you like to connect to the server anyways?”

I have also installed the ssl certificate on iPad as you outlined last time, but in iPad settings, its status is being shown as “not verified”.

Can this issue be related to self-signed certificate from IIS manager, because that is the one I am using at this time ?

Thanks,

Muhammad Almas

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Ah, self-signed certificate can cause an issue in iOS Collector. Are you using self-signed certificate for test purpose or production? Why don't you use the certificate from Certificate Authority?

0 Kudos