0 Kudos
MarkL
by
New Contributor III

Yes.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

So the issue is you need to set up a proxy on the esri basemaps you are using so an AGOL credential gets sent across to access the tiled basemaps service. Right now its sending your portal account which will not authenticate with the basemap service. Here is a link to the Collector doc that should help you out with taking maps offline with Portal for ArcGIS.

Take maps offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Russ

0 Kudos
MarkL
by
New Contributor III

Getting a little further.  I now get a message stating:

Unable to download the map.

This map does not support being downloaded to the device.

The operation couldn't be completed. (AppFramework error 5.)

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using feature services with full editing capabilities and tiled map services that support export? Also is any of your data versioned? This will be read only data.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
MarkL
by
New Contributor III

I get this error while trying to add the map service...perhaps I should create my own?

error.jpg

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You will need to use credentials from an AGOL subscription to gain access to tiled basemaps. You could also cook your own tiled service on your service and enable export on that service and when it is accessed in the app through the web map you will be able to create that offline database and tpk from the map or you can sideload a tpk instead and download the database with that sideloaded tpk. Also if you are using a portal that is using https you will need to use a https URL for tiledbasemaps and not http.

Russ

0 Kudos
JamesGustine
New Contributor III

Hi Russ,

Are you required to have a pay account to access the tiled basemaps? We have portal 10.2.2 setup and I'm trying to add these tiled services as items to our portal, but I keep getting valid service creditials errors. I'm using a free AGOL account and we use only HTTPS so I have that in the service URL. We already pay for portal, so I would be unexpected that this needs to be a paid organizational account.

Thanks,

james

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, to access the tiledbasemaps services you need to have an org account as well.

Russ

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

Does this workflow work in the current version of Collector and Portal/Server 10.3. We have setup the environment internally with WA/ADFS/IWA and things seems to be working fine for the Portal overall and for setting offline capabilities with our feature services but following the workflow for the basemaps seems to be problemsome and not currently working. I can use sideloaded  without issue.

thankx

Frank

WinSer2008R2

AGS 10.3

Portal 10.3

Collector 10.2.7 for iOS/ Android

0 Kudos