Collector offline- Hyperlink to a local file on an Android Tablet

08-24-2017 03:08 AM
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to use a hyperlink in an offline layer to link to a picture located on the SD card or the tablet itself? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

I suppose you could store a link to the device using a file protocol.  I'm and storing that as an attribute on a given feature.  

Can you share why this is an approach you're considering and why other methods (e.g. attachments) aren't a viable solution?

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Ok I had started to try the file protocol, good to know this would work.

We used Survey123 to collect assets in the field and would like to show them on collector along with their photos to help with verification and updates.  The internet connection is not very good and there is no internet connection where we had the surveys, therefore everything needs to be offline during the day.  Needless to say that the hosted layers is quite large so when we try to sync offline, the layers appear but without the photo attachments.   

0 Kudos
DionO_Reilly
New Contributor III

I am curious about this as well.  I have a number of PDF's stored on a SD card in Android tablet that I would like to open from collector.  is there any way Collector can be set up to hyperlink to these local files? Thank you

0 Kudos