Collector not honoring layer visibility from webmap

04-29-2014 12:50 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: browbo

I have a webmap that has some background info displayed from a dynamic service containing group layers. Some are off, some are on. Also there is a dynamic service with no groups but only some layers are on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33452[/ATTACH]
In Collector (iOS), it seems to disregard and just do its own thing (actually turning on all sub-groups/layers and not turning on single layers).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33453[/ATTACH]
This webmap functions as expected in ArcGIS Online viewers, web apps & the Explorer app (iOS). Does collector not support group layers? Does it not like to use whole dynamic services rather preferring feature services?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: RussRoberts

Are you using a map service item? and can you share the map with me and I can take a look at it to look into the issue.

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos
DublinOhio
New Contributor III
http://mapping.dublin.oh.us/arcgis/rest/services the services are there. If you need me to share the webmap, what group or user should I share with?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: RussRoberts

you can create a group and invite: Collector4ArcGIS into that group and I will check it out.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I was able to repro it in your services you posted. You do not have to share the map to a group with the account posted.

Russ
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: krisk_hhi

I believe I am also having the same issue.  Using ArcGIS Online, I have created a map, added the Damage Assessment data allowing for editing capabilities,  and configured the pop-up in the map to only show the attributes needed for collection.  Editing on my desktop computer shows only those attribute fields I configured in the pop-up, but when I try to edit through iOS (iPhone, iPad), the configured pop-up for editing will show ALL attribute fields in the layer, not just the attributes I configured to show.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ~
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Your issue is different. You should configure your popup so that you see all fields that are set to editable in the editing popup in iOS and then all fields set to viewable in the non-editable popup.

Russ
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: krisk_hhi

Thank you Russ!

I got it to work correctly 😉

Kris
0 Kudos
DublinOhio
New Contributor III
The webmap functions properly in Explorer and the old green app, just not collector. Something about the service we constructed or something about collector & layers?Thanks,Brandon
0 Kudos