Collector Map Area edited layer names do not appear to be updating

Jump to solution
04-28-2020 08:51 AM
KerryWilcox
New Contributor III

I have created a Web Map on ArcGIS Online with multiple uploaded Feature Layers whose names I've edited to better reflect their contents for the field users using Collector for iOS. However, when I create an offline Web Map, the layer names visible to me in ArcGIS Online (in the Settings/Manage Areas) are the unedited versions.  If I view the map in Map Viewer on AGOL, the updated layer names are visible.  

How do I ensure that the field users are seeing the updated layer names when they download the Map Area?

Thanks for any advice!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

You need to change it in the original database level and re publish.

In Catalog or Pro you will see the feature alias. When you save it to offline it is defaulting to Alias or the name as it was published in the first place

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Did you change the Alias as well

0 Kudos
KerryWilcox
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I'm not certain exactly what the "Alias" refers to in AGOL, but I've changed the title in the layer Overview tab banner, and also changed the name below under the "Layers" header on the same Overview tab.

Kerry

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

You need to change it in the original database level and re publish.

In Catalog or Pro you will see the feature alias. When you save it to offline it is defaulting to Alias or the name as it was published in the first place

0 Kudos
KerryWilcox
New Contributor III

OK, good to know!  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos