Collector for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
05-28-2015 08:33 AM
CatherineBouchard
New Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a maximum recording and picture that can be taken during a data collection with Collector for Arcgis offline?

I had some error synch in the past and I want to know if the number recording may be related to my issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The connection speed might not be strong enough for the size of the upload and may timeout.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There is no restriction to attachment sizes in offline mode. When on iOS the max video time is 10 mins (online and offline) and there is no limit to the number of photos being taken and attached to features. If you are adding a large number of attachments to be uploaded you will want to be near a strong wifi signal. Also remember when you hit sync you are also pulling down map changes within the offline extent and those could include other field crew members and contain a large # of attachments as well.

CatherineBouchard
New Contributor II

thanks

0 Kudos
CatherineBouchard
New Contributor II

There is some problem in 3G ?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The connection speed might not be strong enough for the size of the upload and may timeout.

NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II

When we were using the iPhone 4S with collector and it did not have LTE we used an app on the phone to shrink the attachment size and it seemed to work well.

0 Kudos
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

What was the name of the app you used?

0 Kudos
NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II

I think it was camera plus pro.

0 Kudos