collector for ArcGIS beta

Jump to solution
05-29-2019 04:17 AM
PriyaAggarwal1
New Contributor III

what if i work on collector for arcgis beta? 

I want to collect data with some base layers but Collector for ArcGIS don't show labels of features. So, is it possible to use its beta version? 

Does my collected data will lost in future by using Beta version? 

Otherwise what should I do to show layers labels in Collector for ArcGIS.?

Please help

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Priya - I assume you are using Android? In that case, to see labels in Collector, you would need to use the beta version. While we don't know of any issues collecting data for future use, using a beta in a production environment is not supported or recommended. To see labels in Collector on Android in a released version will be possible once the current beta releases, which is expected by the end of this year. 

To join the beta, please join our Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test as well as provide feedback. Once you’ve joined, visit Getting Started to access the beta release for Android.

Thanks,

Kylie

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Priya - I assume you are using Android? In that case, to see labels in Collector, you would need to use the beta version. While we don't know of any issues collecting data for future use, using a beta in a production environment is not supported or recommended. To see labels in Collector on Android in a released version will be possible once the current beta releases, which is expected by the end of this year. 

To join the beta, please join our Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test as well as provide feedback. Once you’ve joined, visit Getting Started to access the beta release for Android.

Thanks,

Kylie

Esri Education Team