Collector for ArcGIS (Android) 18.0.3 - SD card / External memory support

Jump to solution
08-20-2019 04:21 AM
ShanMGIS
New Contributor II

Please let me know whether Collector for ArcGIS (Android) 18.0.3 supports SD card to store some background data / offline storage data ? I have gone through few posts which was created in 2015 and update trail replies till 2017. The suggested solution was symbolic link on Android. Is there any improvements on supporting external storage data. 

Please advice.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

You can store downloaded basemaps on the SD card instead of in the device's internal storage. This FAQ discusses how (in the last question, which this link goes to): FAQ for data collection—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS 

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

You can store downloaded basemaps on the SD card instead of in the device's internal storage. This FAQ discusses how (in the last question, which this link goes to): FAQ for data collection—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS 

Esri Education Team
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kylie,

The FAQ you've posted is for Collector Classic. The basemap location for classic is different to Collector for ArcGIS. Im going to post a separate query on this, as I don't feel the guidance is correct on ESRIs documentation.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, the question was about Collector 18.0.3 on Android, which is a version of Collector Classic. Thus the link to Classic doc 🙂

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos