Collector: Editing Line and Polygon Feature?

02-05-2013 12:24 AM
BrunoLoetscher
New Contributor
I connected (as described with a URL Link) one of my map services from my personal ArcGIS.com account with the Collector app. During my test, only Point Features where editable. Is there any possibility to edit Line and Polygon Features as well? Dit not find any information in ArcGIS Ressources. Thanks!

Kind Regards, Bruno
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
CA_-_ReneGonzalez__GISS_
New Contributor III
will the disconnected editing be available this release/update?

Nope, it will not
0 Kudos
LeighDurland
New Contributor III
Nope, it will not

Hmm. thats to bad.
0 Kudos
MirnaLobo
New Contributor
Also waiting on this month's release for line and polygon support.

Any plans as to when disconnected/Sync editing is coming?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JulianoKersting
New Contributor III

Any plans when disconnected/Sync editing is coming?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
CA_-_ReneGonzalez__GISS_
New Contributor III

Any plans when disconnected/Sync editing is coming?

Thanks.

When I talked with ESRI last week they couldn't give me a date or a time frame. From their reaction, I'm thinking it's going to be awhile. I have a feeling they are delaying it to keep ArcPad in Business.
0 Kudos
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

Just curious, we are having the same issue but our Collector is current. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

editing on lines and polygons are supported in the Collector today. When you publish your feature service you need to have editing capabilities enabled on the service and those features will be editable in the app.

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

I believe we have this setup correctly. We can create a new line and update attributes but we cannot change the geometry of a line. We can click to edit the line geometry and change it but after clicking the check (save) we get the following message... "unable to save". We are able to update this layer in other maps too.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using hosted or server? It sounds like an issue with the service. If you are trying the same editing in the web map refresh the web page and see if the edits are saved.

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

We are using rest services from our server. If I try to edit within a web map on AGOL the save is greyed out but save as is not.

0 Kudos