I can get the Samsung Tab A to Bluetooth with the XGPS 150, the Dual Status app shows the values for satellites and location etc. but I can't get Collector to see the XGPS. I have tried assigning the XGPS as location provider in Collector, but when I open a project, Collector says "Your current receiver XGPS... was not found. Ensure your receiver is powered on."
I am out of ideas for what else to try. Dual help line was unfamiliar with this problem.
Collector 17.0.2 build 1028, Android 6, XGPS150 2.1.0
https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis?sr=search&searchId=214b46... would be the place to post such questions. I have moved it there.
From looking at this article:
GPS receiver support—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS
It looks like the "Dual XGPS150A and XGPS160" receiver will for sure work with Android devices. I assume yours is a 150A?
Have you followed the steps in this article to make sure it is set up properly?
Thaks for the reply Adrian. I had been through all the self-help I could find on the esri site, including the links you posted. The only things I can come up with are 1) "works with Android" is a pretty broad brush and there might be some OS/hardware issue that is peculiar to the Samsung Tab A setup I'm using and 2) the only thing I can't get nailed down is the selection of the coordinate system of the XGPS. I've called their tech support but they couldn't answer right away. I don't think my choice here would throw up the error I'm seeing but I'll run it down regardless.
Here are two things you can try:
1) Unpair XGPS 150 and Power off Samsung Tab A and XGPS 150. Try again. Sometimes weird thing can happen and restart can help.
2) You can use this app Bluetooth GPS - Android Apps on Google Play for debug purpose and check if NMEA from Dual receiver is correct.
oooh, that sounds like a great app!I am bookmarking this for later for when I come across an external receiver to pair with my phone.