Collector Download Issues

12-06-2019 02:20 PM
CynthiaLoebig
New Contributor II

I am having trouble downloading a service to Collector on iOS.  I am using Collector 19.2.0 with iOS 12.4.1.  I am able to download offline maps from other services, but one service is having issues.  The only message I receive is 'Download Failed'.  No error code.  I have uploaded the service a few times and followed the instructions precisely.  Could the issue be with the layers I am uploading?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Cynthia Loebig‌,

Is the service you are attempting to download hosted in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? The first thing I would recommend checking is that the service is sync enabled. For a hosted service you can do that from the item details page.

• Item Details > Settings > Feature Layer > Sync.

If you are working with a referenced ArcGIS Server service you can check the service capabilities from service REST endpoint. You can find the service URL in the bottom right corner of the item details page.

Example: https://hostname.domain.com/webadaptorname/rest/services/foldername/servicename/FeatureServer/0

Thanks.

Thomas.

0 Kudos
CynthiaLoebig
New Contributor II

Hi Thomas, thank you for replying and I had already checked to make certain the service was Sync enabled.  The service is hosted on ArcGIS Online. 

But, I found the issue today.  One of the layers was an old data set that was not cleaned up and consisted of several multi-part polygons.  After cleaning up this layer and uploading a new service, I am able to download maps to Collector from ArcGIS Online.

Again, thank you for the help.

Doug