Collector-Download error

Jump to solution
10-22-2014 07:10 AM
Courtney360
New Contributor III

I created a map for use in Collector and it contains a downloadable ESRI basemap, one feature service, and one tile layer. When I attempt to download the map to my i-pad I get this error: “Map download Failed. Unable to download the map. Invalid Levels.” If I remove the tile layer the map downloads fine, so this leads me to believe the tile layer is the problem. When I published the tiles I checked the box “Allow clients to export cache tiles.” The weird thing is that this worked just a few weeks ago. Has anyone else seen this??

16 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alessandro - The support has improved over the years. Tile layers that are hosted on ArcGIS Online (or ArcGIS Enterprise, or Portal for ArcGIS) are supported for download (excluding vector tile layers). Are you hitting an issue in trying to do so?  

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Kylie Donia. The tiles I was trying to add were cached with AGOL tiling scheme, but only from level 12 (1:144447.638572) on. When I tried to download them onto Collector, I received an error like "Unable to export tiles. Tiles available only for this level(s) ["some levels starting from 4 more or less"] hence not able to export tiles for this specified levels [0, 1, 2, ... "I don't remember"].”. This didn't seem a problem related to AGOL capability to me, rather a matter of level of details of my scales. So I republished my hosted tiled layer to my organizational AGOL, this time with all levels from 0 to the one I needed, and it finally worked. I think there might be a bug probably, but I am not sure about it. Please, let me know if i can be of any help to this regard. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm glad you have got it working! Yes, there is a bug and right now you do need to build ArcGIS Online tile layers starting with level 0. BUG-000089119: A web map does not download in Collector for ArcGIS .

There are also some tips for this in this post: https://community.esri.com/message/657422-unable-to-download-map 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

Hi Kylie Donia's Blog,

mentioning issues with operation of downloading service map from Collector, maybe you can give us a hand. We are facing a Collector (version 18.0.1, build 1031) error message when we try to download a map we have published in AGOL (coming from our geodatabase in arcgis server 10.4.1 in SQL Server (2012)). We use arcgis desktop 10.4.1 to create the data. Collector running on Windows 10, Android 7, and iOS 10.

The error message:

"Map Download Failed.

The operation couldn't be completed. Error while writing layer info in SqLite geodatabase."

This haven't happened before with previous versions of Collector for the same kind of service map and same arcgis desktop and server - 10.4.1.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

OK the reason for the issue was due to archiving status of some items inside the geodatabase.

0 Kudos
ColeChapman
New Contributor II

For future android users googling like crazy trying to figure out how to get this to work on your android devices and solve this issue:

Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog 

Follow the tutorial at the bottom titled Copying Tile Packages to your Android device

Then you win,

Cole

0 Kudos
ColeChapman
New Contributor II

For creating a tpk file that is required for this tutorial to work, follow this help article under the section "Publish large tile packages"

Publish hosted tile layers from files—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos