Collector-Download error

Jump to solution
10-22-2014 07:10 AM
Courtney360
New Contributor III

I created a map for use in Collector and it contains a downloadable ESRI basemap, one feature service, and one tile layer. When I attempt to download the map to my i-pad I get this error: “Map download Failed. Unable to download the map. Invalid Levels.” If I remove the tile layer the map downloads fine, so this leads me to believe the tile layer is the problem. When I published the tiles I checked the box “Allow clients to export cache tiles.” The weird thing is that this worked just a few weeks ago. Has anyone else seen this??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

That particular tiled layer is being hosted on arcgis.com.  However, hosted tiled services are not yet supported for downloading.  This will be supported in a future release.

Currently, you can download tiled services that are hosted on your own server.  If you have a host running ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 or later, you can download those tiled services. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Courtney360
New Contributor III

I updated the Collector app on my i-pad and now I get this error message: “Map Download Failed. Unable to download the map. Unable to export tiles. Tiles available only for this level(s) [16, 17, 18] hence not able to export tiles for this specified levels [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17].”

0 Kudos
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

It sounds like your tiled layer doesn't support exporting tiles at levels 0-15 (it supports only 16-18) and you are trying to download an area that requires tiles at those levels.  Try zooming in when selecting the area to download so that you are zoomed into level 16-18 and can see those tiles, then download.  That will limit the levels that you download.

0 Kudos
Courtney360
New Contributor III

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your response. I actually already tried zooming into levels 16, 17, and 18 but I still get the same error message....

0 Kudos
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

Can you share that map to a group with Collector4ArcGIS and we will take a look at the issue you are seeing.

Best way to do this is to create a group, invite Collector4ArcGIS into that group, share the map and services into that group.  Then post the name of the group and the map here and we'll take a look at it.

Ref: #753

0 Kudos
Courtney360
New Contributor III

Name of group: Collector

Name of map: Collector_Woodland_Heights_Map

0 Kudos
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

That particular tiled layer is being hosted on arcgis.com.  However, hosted tiled services are not yet supported for downloading.  This will be supported in a future release.

Currently, you can download tiled services that are hosted on your own server.  If you have a host running ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 or later, you can download those tiled services. 

0 Kudos
Courtney360
New Contributor III

That is so bizarre because it actually worked a few weeks ago! Nonetheless, I appreciate you looking into this, especially as quickly as you did.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this exact same error message when attempting to take a ArcGIS Online hosted tile layer offline. This original post was prior to this functionality being enabled, however now this should be no issue at all. I even tried enabling the "Allow clients to export cache tiles" under the advanced caching settings at the time of publishing the service--still no luck. Any thoughts?.

0 Kudos
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Any improvements in this sense? I was also hoping to download tiled layers hosted on my organization account of arcgis.com. Seems that three years later this functionality has not been added yet. Is this correct?

0 Kudos