Collector does not sync last offline saved edit everytime.

Jump to solution
10-03-2017 11:12 AM
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

I have two field staff adding related inspection data using collector. They also update the existing inventory data stored in the feature class itself. They will inspect over 100 assets on any given day offline between the two of them and are always working in the same area. They both sync their offline edits at the end of the day. What seems to be happening is the last edited point does not sync back to AGOL.

After syncing, the point does not look like it has been edited at all, There are no sync errors at all. Not only that on the next sync the edits fro that single point are also removed from the device. The two field staff never edit the same point so they are not overwriting each others data. The last point edited is just not syncing with the hosted feature class. They download a new work area every few days. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it may be best to log a case with Esri Technical Support so we can look into this issue further.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scott,

What kind of devices are they using? If they go into Collector and check the amount of edits that are being synced (there should be a number next to the sync button on the map card), can they go back into the map, edit another point, then sync? I just want to confirm that the last point edit is being submitted and registered as an edit to be sent in the sync process.

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

They are using Panasonic Toughbook tablets running Win10. There are syncing over 100 edits at a time so it only ever says 99+. We did notice this didn't happen when only one staff member was at work for the day. Only when there was two staff in the field together. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you on the latest version of Collector for ArcGIS on Windows (17.0.3)? 

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

We have now upgraded to 17.0.3 but the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it may be best to log a case with Esri Technical Support so we can look into this issue further.

0 Kudos
Christian__Smitty_Smith
New Contributor III

Scott,  I would like to contact you regarding your use of Collector for windows and the tough book, but don't want to hijack the thread.  Can I contact you through IM or email?  Thanks.

0 Kudos