Collector crashes when creating a simple point feature

01-03-2014 06:55 PM
IB1
by
Occasional Contributor
I created a simple point feature class called Poles.

There is a field called Type with a domain and the choices, Primary and Secondary.

I've created a couple feature templates for each Type symbolized differently.

I published the feature class in ArcMap as a service via our ArcGIS Online account.

I added the feature service to a map in ArcGIS Online and saved the map and shared it with my organization.

I then opened the map on both my Android tablet and phone. I can view the map fine and view any existing attributes but the moment I go to create a feature it crashes and gives me the following error:

Unfortunately, Collector has stopped.

And that's all it says.

Any idea what's wrong? I am using the following coordinate system:
The coordinate system is NAD_1983_StatePlane_South_Carolina_FIPS_3900_Feet

Is that the problem?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Did you enable sync on that service?
0 Kudos
IB1
by
Occasional Contributor
Did you enable sync on that service?

Where exactly do you do that? I didn't see that option when I hosted the data via our server.

When I was testing the process and hosted the data via AGOL, I saw the sync option.

But can you confirm for me that geometric networks do work with the Collector app?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Depending on the version of desktop you are using you should see it when you are publishing the feature service and you are enabling the capabilities for the service. And the Collector does not fully support geometric networks currently.

Russ
0 Kudos
IB1
by
Occasional Contributor
Depending on the version of desktop you are using you should see it when you are publishing the feature service and you are enabling the capabilities for the service. And the Collector does not fully support geometric networks currently.

Russ

I'm running Desktop 10.2 and Server 10.1 and I didn't see it there.

So what happens when you try to edit/create features that participate in a geometric network?

Would you get there error I got above?

I'm trying to figure out if it's the geometric network or something else.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you able to perform the same edits in the web map and see that data sync with your database? Also try refreshing you web page after you make the edit change to see if it is still there in the web map.

I am checking out my network test now and will update the thread when I am done.

Update:
I did a quick test with a sample network and my edits submitted without any issue.

Russ
0 Kudos
IB1
by
Occasional Contributor
Are you able to perform the same edits in the web map and see that data sync with your database? Also try refreshing you web page after you make the edit change to see if it is still there in the web map.

I am checking out my network test now and will update the thread when I am done.

Update:
I did a quick test with a sample network and my edits submitted without any issue.

Russ

When I go to the AGOL web map and try to create one of the features that participate in the geometric network, it just doesn't create the feature when I click.

The mouse has the little "Click to add a point" text, but it just doesn't do anything.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
This could mean there is an issue with the service and the server is not accepting the features.

Russ
0 Kudos
IB1
by
Occasional Contributor
This could mean there is an issue with the service and the server is not accepting the features.

Russ

What's the easiest way to share my Collector map with you?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You can invite mobile_org into a group and I will use that account to view the maps.
0 Kudos