Collector App Update 10.2

11-05-2013 10:56 AM
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
The Collector app has been updated (v. 10.2) on iOS and Android (coming soon).

Whats new?
Updated user experience
Dedicated tablet and iPad experience
Support for collecting lines and polygons
GPS streaming
Improved collection workflows
Improvements to map tapping behavior
Various bug fixes and improvements
Support for enterprise logins
Support for additional languages
Android issues addressed: NIM090003, NIM090935, NIM091973, NIM092424, NIM092833
iOS issues addressed: NIM094438, NIM094401

updated by Apps Group, 11/5/13

Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) download from iTunes App Store, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/collector-for-arcgis/id589674237
Collector for ArcGIS (Android) download from Google Play coming soon

Cheers,
Denise
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
ChrisBruce
New Contributor III
I've read in a couple of places that offline use was something that would be supported with version 10.2 but now that seems to not be the case. Not having the ability to use this app offline is a deal breaker for us because we have no cell reception in most places we're collecting data. Can anyone provide an update on when this capability might be coming?
0 Kudos
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor
^^^That's what I thought too... We were really looking forward to this enhancement!
0 Kudos
CA_-_ReneGonzalez__GISS_
New Contributor III
I've read in a couple of places that offline use was something that would be supported with version 10.2 but now that seems to not be the case. Not having the ability to use this app offline is a deal breaker for us because we have no cell reception in most places we're collecting data. Can anyone provide an update on when this capability might be coming?

Look for offline capabilities in the next update around early 2014.

If need offline support sooner look into either ArcPad or ArcGIS for Windows
0 Kudos
ChrisBruce
New Contributor III
Disappointing. We're using ArcPad but I have several users who want to be able to collect data on their smartphones. Looks like they'll continue using Avenza PDF Maps, Gaia GPS or other such apps for now.
0 Kudos
MarcusKitchens1
New Contributor
I�??ve noticed that the Collector for ArcGIS App doesn�??t track where collectors went when the App is running in the background.

It would be great if you could track where collectors went when the app is running in the background.

Is this possible?
0 Kudos
StephanLe_Roux
New Contributor II
I agree with cbruce. Deal breaker for us too. We have 2 big projects that can not be done without the offline capability. We are using collector where we can but most of the work is outside coverage. We will have to move to a different product. Have been waiting for this release for so long, just for the offline capability. The rest looks good, keep up the good work.

Regards
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Collector for ArcGIS 10.2.2 was released in March 2014. It includes the following enhancements:
�?� Offline workflow support
�?� Updated user experience
�?� Various bug fixes and improvements
�?� Support for additional languages
�?� Android issues addressed: NIM098281, NIM096128, NIM098076

Information is also listed in the What's New doc, http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/#whatsNew.
0 Kudos