Collector app only downloading partial hosted feature layer for disconnected editing...

Jump to solution
08-10-2017 09:16 AM
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

So I am working with a client, and I have a hosted feature layer that is symbolized based on whether the utility meter is on a beacon system "Yes" or not "No". When viewing the map online, both "Yes" and "No" meters show up. However, when downloading the data to the device for disconnected editing, only the "Yes" meters show up, the "No" meters are missing entirely...

Why does this happen?

Thank you for any help!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannesZiegler2

Okay, after troubleshooting for some time, I've found the solution and cause of the problem. I had several instances (copies) of the same hosted feature layer within the Map Viewer, and although they were not active (turned off), they were the cause of the issue. They were not causing issues with Collector while online (before attempting to download for offline editing), and did not cause problems with the Map Viewer nor Operations view. For whatever reason, these additional copies of the hosted feature layer only caused problems when attempting to download for offline editing in Collector. May be a bug.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
HannesZiegler2

Okay, after troubleshooting for some time, I've found the solution and cause of the problem. I had several instances (copies) of the same hosted feature layer within the Map Viewer, and although they were not active (turned off), they were the cause of the issue. They were not causing issues with Collector while online (before attempting to download for offline editing), and did not cause problems with the Map Viewer nor Operations view. For whatever reason, these additional copies of the hosted feature layer only caused problems when attempting to download for offline editing in Collector. May be a bug.

0 Kudos
BrandonKeller
New Contributor II

I just ran into this same issue today. Thanks for your follow-up - I will modify my map to remove the copied layers. It does appear to be a bug.

0 Kudos
FabianeSpeyrer
New Contributor II

I'm also having this problem, however the data was collected through arcCollector in a map that had copied layers.

I keep receiving: "An error occurred while synchronizing edits - Unable to synchronize replica. - Importing delta data changes failed."  

Is there any way to not lose all the collected data?

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2

Yes, there is. Check out this link:

http://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012460

0 Kudos
BrandonKeller
New Contributor II

I had this problem again on another map.  

Looks like it is an official bug that has not been fixed. BUG-000099682: Filter settings are not maintained for enclosed poly.. 

This occurs with both polygons and point features.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hannes,

You were saying that you had multiple layers pointing to the same feature class in ArcMap, then published that as a hosted feature service? If so, you may be facing this bug:

BUG-000099537: When multiple layers from the same data source are s.. 

It would be best to create separate feature classes or symbolize one feature class based on a domain.

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2

No other way around, I had one layer in ArcMap, multiple in AGOL map.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for clarifying the issue. So you made a copy of one layer and called it something like "yes" and another called "no"? If so, I would expect something similar to happen like the bug that I mentioned above. 

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Sorry for the late response, it got busy and then I forgot to reply. 

0 Kudos