Collector App on Windows

06-01-2020 12:04 PM
PaulWirth
Occasional Contributor

Is Collector App for Windows ever going to be updated above the current status that is well behind IOS and Android? Is ESRI going to stop working on this upgrade because it has been a very long time since they last did anything with it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

> Is Collector App for Windows ever going to be updated above the current status that is well behind IOS and Android?

My suggestion would be to attend the ArcGIS Field Apps: The Road Ahead UC technical session on Wed July 15th. You will get a complete status update on all the ArcGIS mobile apps from the Dev team.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
PaulWirth
Occasional Contributor

No, not really. I need to know sooner so I can purchase computers for my field people to start collecting data. Obviously someone knows the answer, so why should I wait for a conference. Just tell me. I purchase ESRI software and I want to use it. I have deadlines to meet.

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd recommend having a look at Jeff Shaner's reply to this post, which provides some insight into our plans for Collector on the Windows 10 platform. 

PaulWirth
Occasional Contributor

Now that is what I am looking for in a response. Thanks Doug for your understanding.

That brings up some other questions though.

0 Kudos