Collector 10.2 Crash

12-04-2013 05:31 AM
JorgeOrellana
Occasional Contributor II
I am wondering if anyone is experiencing issues with Collector 10.2. I have it installed on my phone Samsung Galaxy S3 (Rogers in Canada) and every time I try to capture a point and add a photo attachement, the app crash on me. Any one else experiencing this? We have the app installed on the Iphone 5 and that works no problem.

Model: SGH-i747M
Android Version: 4.1.2
Build: JZO54K.I747MVLDMF1

Thanks

Jorge
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulBarker
Esri Contributor
Jorge,

its a know issue with some samsung devices right now, its actually their camera app that is causing the problem.. Good news is that samsung's 4.3 update seems to have resolved this issue (effectively its a memory bug).  If you pull down a 3rd party camera app (MX Camera as an example) it should work fine.  The 4.3 update has rolled out here for most of the devices in the US I would anticipate that Canadian carriers would be getting it soon.
0 Kudos
JorgeOrellana
Occasional Contributor II
Jorge,

its a know issue with some samsung devices right now, its actually their camera app that is causing the problem.. Good news is that samsung's 4.3 update seems to have resolved this issue (effectively its a memory bug).  If you pull down a 3rd party camera app (MX Camera as an example) it should work fine.  The 4.3 update has rolled out here for most of the devices in the US I would anticipate that Canadian carriers would be getting it soon.

Thanks for the info Paul. Works like a charm now.
0 Kudos