Collector 10.2.4 - Cannot get web map to appear.

Jump to solution
07-21-2014 01:56 PM
MikeQuetel
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've got a webmap that has been shared with a group in our organization.  AGOL accounts within our organization are set up as members of this same group.  When users login to their account they can't see the map in Collector 10.2.4 on iOS.  They can login through a browser, validate membership in the group, see the map and open it up.  Is there any additional criteria that needs to exist for a map to be visible to Collector?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NathanJennings
New Contributor III

This is not clear when working with AGOL.  I was wanting to set up a "view" only type of map that a user could use to "view" the data but not edit.  It seems like the Collector App could be used for this option too.

For the collector app, it is easy to set up a data set and a map, then make it available for a Collector app user to use, but with a "view only" type option, this is not clear and seems like one "must have" an editable feature to actually use the Collector app.

I was hoping to use the Collector app for both "data collecting" and for a "manager" to be able to "view" data while in the field, but not really needing to "change" any data.  I would rather not produce two different solutions for "view only" and "collect/edit" data.

Let me know of any feedback or suggestions.

Thank you,

Nate

0 Kudos
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

I would suggest using the Operations Dashboard for the managers view only application: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos