Can't find my map

01-31-2014 12:05 PM
ShelleyWhitmeyer
New Contributor
I cannot find my ArcGIS Online map on Collector for ArcGIS.  I have shared it with 'everyone'.  Why can't I see the map under 'my maps'?  Here is the link to the map I am trying to view.  Thanks for any advise. 
-Shelley
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
JeffJohnson
New Contributor III

Where is the service detail page you mention in the April 17 thread.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

JeffJ

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This documentation should help you out. It describes the item detail page and the properties you can change on your web layer.

Manage hosted web layers—Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
JeffJohnson
New Contributor III

Russ,

I have created a web map by adding a layer using a published service from our ArcGIS Server. I'm don't think that is a hosted web layer? I have enabled editing everywhere I can find for the service.

JeffJ

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If its an ArcGIS Server feature service and you enable it during the publishing of the service or after in the ArcGIS Server Manager. Then when you add the layer to the map you will see an edit tool in the web map appear and then you just save the map. If you have the app open and signed into the app with the same account you saved the map with on iOS you pull to refresh and it will show the map and on Android the refresh option is in the overflow located on the bottom toolbar. This will re-load your map gallery and grab any new content. If you want other users to access the map you created you need to share it to a group and the users who are a part of the group will be able to access the map and the app.

0 Kudos
megandilley
New Contributor
Thank you!
0 Kudos
NathanielClement1
New Contributor II

I've made a simple map that only has an ESRI basemap in it. It's enabled for offline use and I've shared with with two groups, both of which I'm a member. Yet the map does not show up when I log out/ log back in and refresh collector both on Android and IOS device. I could publish a map before, and the older maps are still available on Collector but I can't now.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Your map does not have an editable layer in it. The Collector will pick up maps that have an editable feature service in it.

Russ

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Here is my guidance document for our users.  It shows AGOL maps titled by content and whether the maps appear in the iOS version of the Explorer app and the Collector app on an iPad.  Hope this helps.

AdamBalcar
New Contributor II

My experience:

1. Upload shapefile (main menu - "my content", menu on the left side - "layers", "add item") - feature layer is created

2. Click "Add to the new map" from options on feature layer

3. Save and share this new map.

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar problem.  I've been publishing/testing all sorts of services to see what I can and can't do.  I published both a hosted feature service and an ArcGIS Server feature service.  Editing is enabled on both of them.  I created a web map for each and have successfully made edits to each on my desktop.  I also can view each map through the Collector app.  However, when I open the web map that has the ArcGIS Server feature service in Collector, I can't actually collect any data, not even edit existing data.  I can, however, edit the web map that has the hosted feature service.  Now the thing is, I don't want to use the hosted feature service, but I feel like I have no choice.  I must be missing something here...but what?  All layers and maps are shared with everyone and with the group I made. 

Here's a link to the web map with the features I can't seem to edit in Collector.  http://fdlco.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f5eed6f9aa4b4940a72c774cc67ac891

0 Kudos