Can't find my map

01-31-2014 12:05 PM
ShelleyWhitmeyer
New Contributor
I cannot find my ArcGIS Online map on Collector for ArcGIS.  I have shared it with 'everyone'.  Why can't I see the map under 'my maps'?  Here is the link to the map I am trying to view.  Thanks for any advise. 
-Shelley
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The Collector app will retrieve maps that have been setup to use the collector under your My Content and to the groups you belong to. It does not search the entire organization for the content. Does your map have an editable feature service in it? Did you refresh your map list to pick up any new maps? I don't see your link in your comment can you repost it?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
CharlesRobbins2
New Contributor II
I am having the exact same problem.  While the ArcGIS App shows all My Content, the Collector App doesn't show any of my maps.  I went in and enabled editing on one of them, but still nothing shows up.

Is this a settings issue someplace on the iPhone maybe?

Or

Is this something I need to further do in AGOL?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You will need to have an editable feature service an imported csv or shapefile will not work in the map and then re-save the map and you will have to refresh the apps map gallery to pick up the changes.

Russ
0 Kudos
megandilley
New Contributor
I am having this same problem.  I followed the directions to a T, and still can not see my map on Collector.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If you were signed into the app before the map was created you can pull to refresh on the map gallery and on Android you can use the overflow button and tap refresh and that will pull down any new maps as well. The app will only show content you own or that has been shared to your account through a group.

If the map is still not showing up share it will me and I can take a look to see what the issue is.
Russ
0 Kudos
megandilley
New Contributor
I tried both refreshing the map in collector and signing out and back in.  Here is the link to my test

http://studentdilley.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b792124e3180460483d4f4768ba66591

Thank you!
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Thats a web mapping application. The Collector only displays web maps.
0 Kudos
megandilley
New Contributor
Sorry I sent the wrong link I was playing around with different maps, http://studentdilley.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=19177c83afb240e2b04b306924636284
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The feature service does not have editing enabled and is why the map isnt showing up in the collector. You will need to go to service detail page and click edit and scroll down to the bottom and you will see the editing capabilities you can enable on the service. Once you do pick the editing capabilities you will need to save those changes and then resave the map and refresh the map gallery in the app.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos