Can see and edit hosted feature layers in a web map. Collector app opens but hosted features unable to load. Thoughts?

03-24-2016 03:29 PM
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I am publishing features from our server.   The feature service seems to be successfully created (screenshots below.)  I am able to create web map with full editing capabilities.  The web map functions fine.  When I open collector I can see the web map, but all hosted features say "Layer Not Loaded".  I added non-hosted layers to the same map and these features work in collector. I have redone the process but I get the same results.  Any ideas would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

So you are saying that in your web map, you have both hosted feature layers and a feature service from your environment?

0 Kudos
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I have hosted features only. I added the features from my environment to test if there was an issue with my web map. However that doesn't seem to be the case.  I think the problem is the hosted features, but I do not know what specifically is preventing them from loading in collector when they load fine with the web map.   I read on the forums that features will not load in collector if they're not editable however I full in capabilities in the web map.  Do you know of any other reasons it would not load?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I'd check privileges.  I've got 2 deployments going, one with hosted layers only, a second with both hosted and a feature service from my environment.  In both cases the webmap and feature layers are shared to the same group and sync is enabled on the feature layer.  Full create, update and delete are set on the feature layer as well-

0 Kudos
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I could see why you say that.   I have looked at the original feature service however I am not sure this is the case.  I can can edit in the web map and nothing loads in collector.  I am using the same web map in ArcGIS Online as I am loading in collector and I am also using the same username and password. If it was a permission issue I would think I would not be able to edit the web map.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Are you sure you have sync capability enabled on your feature service and/or hosted feature layer?

0 Kudos
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I did not use the enable sync option, but it wasn't working quite right.  I don't think this is the problem since enable sync is for offline editing and then synchronizing data which isn't a capability we currently need. Unless I misunderstood you; did you mean something else?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

No you're right, I just wasn't quite sure if you were strictly referring to the online use case which obviously you are.  Sorry I can't be of more help

0 Kudos
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you share your map and your hosted service with a group and invite user Collector4ArcGIS?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos